Matt Kazam | How to Infuse Comedy into your Sales Business
“The power of humor lies in the subconscious. Everyone is funny.”
On today’s episode of the podcast, I talk with Matt Kazam, a headlining comedian in Las Vegas who has spent over 30 years honing his craft. Matt shares how to inject comedic instincts into your business, the misconceptions of comedy in the sales world, and how to come up with jokes that work every time.
One thing that Matt and I discuss in depth is the necessary formula for creating the perfect joke for your business needs. It starts with storytelling. Matt says that is is extremely important to look for stories that make you human, and evoke commonality, not superiority.
Matt expands on this, saying “People hate information but love listening to stories. What if you could blend the two? Everyone has funny, common stories and they can relate!”
I know that you’re going to enjoy listening to our discussion today, and I hope that you can take Matt’s advice to utilize humor and comedy in your own business!
Listen to this episode and discover:
- The biggest misconceptions about humor in business.
- How comedy can be modified for marketing, sales, etc.
- Why the best jokes embrace commonality, not superiority.
- Why Las Vegas is changing so rapidly, and how comedy is taking on new forms.
- The true science of jokes and storytelling.
- And so much more…
Matt is a veteran comedian with many years of work and shows under his belt. His new venture is helping businessmen and women infuse comedy, storytelling, and humor into their businesses for a more effective, unifying approach to clients.
In this episode, Matt talks about:
- What are the keys to making jokes funny.
- The differences between lying and exaggeration.
- How to create the most effective set-up for a punchline.
- The best tips for remembering and practicing your stories.
- Why you need to begin using comedy in your business.
Matt says, “An ounce of truth is worth more than a pound of lies.”
Listen in for all these pieces of wisdom and more, on today’s episode with Matt Kazam.